When You Know Better, You Do Better…
As Justin Timberlake would say, “It’s gonna be MAY” and this month is going to be packed with opportunities to boost your business game by learning powerful yet doable brand-building strategies. When you know better, you do better, and in this case, you’re going to do a better job brand building in two specific ways.
Our first Press for Success free training will teach you how to improve your blog’s “Buzz Factor” by teaching you how to create magnetic content that your current and new readers will find irresistible, how to use the content you create for your blog in new, innovative ways (waste not, want not, baby), and finally, I’ll share some of my best-practice strategies when it comes to getting publicity for your blog posts.
This month’s second live class addresses something not often talked about in PR classes, but hugely important to your business’s big picture growth: What do you do AFTER you get publicity? Here’s the scoop: you work really, really hard to get press for your business, but just as the pre-publicity plan is important, you need a post-press action plan to ensure you take full advantage of your success and leverage it into more buzz, visibility, sales, and media relationships. Don’t have a plan for that yet? We’ll make one this month!
Psst – Not able to make the classes live? Sign up anyways and you’ll be sure to receive a recording of the class and the downloadable Companion Guide, which you can watch in your own time.
May Free Training Schedule & Sign Up Links
Using Your Blog to Build Your Brand & Buzz
(Thursday, May 11th, 12 p.m. EST)
There are so many parts of growing your brand that are out of your control, but your blog is not one of them! In fact, it’s one of the most powerful places you can control your brand’s narrative, let people get to know (and emotionally connect) with you, and where you can share news and valuable content about your business and yourself. Whereas social media’s spotlight on this information is fleeting, on your blog it can live on to tell your story and lead to sales long after it’s been published.
While most business owners know they should be strategically using their blog, they’re faced with lack of ideas, direction, or bandwidth, and that tricky combination often stops them before they start. Could this be how you’re feeling? If so, we’re going to chip away at it starting this week, and get you excited and prepared to begin blogging – or begin blogging again!
In this free live class, we’ll address everything from content creation to streamlining your work, so that regular and consistent (this is key) blogging becomes a part of your overall content and marketing plan.
Here’s what you’ll learn during this live class:
- Content Ideas That Bring Readers Like Moths to a Flame
- How to Make Your Blog Content Work Multiple Ways for You
- Follow this checklist after writing a blog post to be sure your content “lives on” long after you publish it.
- Getting Publicity for Your Blog Posts
You Got Publicity for Your Biz, Now What?
(Thursday, May 25th, 12 p.m. EST)
You work so hard to get your business publicity, and then when it hits, what do you do? Okay yes, you celebrate and perhaps do a little happy dance, but what comes next? Are you leveraging it for even more visibility, buzz, sales and more? Do you have a plan or protocol to follow after getting print, online, or television press?
If not, it’s time you start, because without it you’re missing out on opportunities that are at your fingertips, just waiting for you to take action on them and get exponentially more bang for your publicity buck! This class will walk you through a “Got Press, Now What?”checklist that you can begin incorporating into your PR and marketing efforts immediately.
Here’s what you’ll learn during this live class:
- How to share your publicity success confidently and strategically on social media.
- How to build a relationship with the media based on your press success.
- What to do on your website and with your sales strategy to capitalize on your press success.
- Why your newsletter and blog are a must when it comes to sharing your publicity – and how to do it right.
- Can I pitch the press who covered me again? How to handle post-press pitching.
- “My story has been covered by one member of the press, can I pitch it to anyone else? We’ll discuss…
- Joining us live? Come with your questions and ask them!
Join Us Live or Sign Up for the Free Replay
Just a few more things and I’ll send you on your way. Don’t forget that as is the case with every free, live training:
- Each class is recorded. Even if you can’t join us as part of our “live, digital, studio audience”, sign up and you’ll get a copy of the class (on video!) and a Companion Guide emailed to you.
- Come with your burning questions (or email them to us beforehand) and I’ll do my best to answer them live during the class.
- Keep the discussion going after the class by popping into our private Press for Success Facebook community before, during, or after!