Happy Valentine’s Day!
Confession: Valentine’s Day in this house may have consisted of hanging spice racks and bookshelves along with a pantry reorganization, but I’ll tell you what: I wouldn’t have it any other way! I’ll swoon over an alphabetized and organized kitchen over chocolate-covered strawberries any day. True story.
That said, all this talk about love and affection got me thinking about how often I used to forget to whisper sweet nothings to myself, and how making space every day to actually tell myself – my body, my mind, my spirit – how much I honor it and how grateful I am, and to really take the time to be present and in love with the beauty that is MY CREATION has changed me as a person. It has made me happier, calmer and more confident.
It’s amazing how small subtle shifts in our behavior can make massive impacts on our life. The way we talk to and about ourselves is one of those shifts. I’ll be talking much more about my own adventures in the world of self-talk and affirmations very soon on the blog but for now let’s keep it simple:
I’ve included some prompts below, you know how to use them! Customize them, personalize them, and SAY THEM TO YOURSELF TONIGHT. Say them to yourself in the bathroom mirror, repeat them when lying in bed before you fall asleep, if you’re a mom lock yourself anywhere and give yourself a couple of minutes to yourself…You don’t need much time to be present and anchor into them!
One last thing my friends: This activity shouldn’t be a once-a-year-thing …I encourage you to print these babies out or copy them over to your smartphone’s notepad and do them every day. Yes that’s right, every day.
The power that comes from professing your love to yourself is life altering! Try it! Come see what you’re missing! Isn’t it astounding that we don’t say things like this to our powerful minds, bodies and souls on a daily basis?
Happy Valentine’s Day – now go forth and love yourself like only you can!
Self-Love “Mad Libs” AKA Prompts That Will Remind You to Love Yourself!
- I love you (Your Name)!
- Now it’s time to thank and honor your body…From your strong back, core and feet that support you to all of the systems that keep you going all day. Do this however feels best for you but do it. Take a moment and acknowledge your body – from organs to toes – that functions even while you sleep, and is often criticized instead of honored.
- (You Name) I forgive you for (let’s be honest, there’s probably something you did today or this week that you need to let go of) and I’m going to let it go now because it’s part of my past.
- I’m really proud of you for (Anything big or small you’ve done today that you’re proud of).
- (Your Name) you are enough! You are oh so worthy and deserving of living a life filled with passion, purpose and love!
- (Your Name) you’re so blessed to have the gifts of (talents, passions, skills you know deep down you were gifted with) to share with the world. The world is waiting for them!
- (Your Name) there is only one you in the entire world! You were made with intention and purpose. The universe has a plan for you!
Do you have any affirmations that are gamechangers for you? Share them in the comments below!